Legislative District 20 Democrats (LD20) is the official Democratic organization of the Maricopa County Democratic Party for residents living in LD20 (see map).
We are "the boots on the ground" for the Democratic Party!
LD20 is broken up into 47 precincts consisting of 35,384 Democrats, 261 Green, 1,318 Libertarian, 44,267 Republican, and 44,921 Other for a total of 126,151 registered voters. Based on the total registered Democrats in our LD, we can have up to 297 precinct committee persons.
CLICK HERE to locate your Legislative District and Precinct by Address.
To grow LD20 through outreach & social events, cultivating our PCs and volunteers through training & mentoring opportunities, educating our community, increasing PEVL participation in each precinct, and locating qualified Democratic candidates.
LD20 works to elect Democrats to public office who embrace the values of the Democratic Party. To further this mission, the LD20 Democrats:
- Works to increase the number of registered Democrats.
- Recruits, trains, and promotes registered Democrats as candidates for elected office, supports their campaigns, and assists them in office.
- Works for and promotes accurate, transparent, and fair elections.
- Raises funds to support the above activities and to advance our mission.
- Conducts other activities as appropriate to strengthen and promote the aims and objectives of the Democratic Party.
- Works to Get Out the Vote.
- Double the number of “Active” PCs from 50 to 100 by June 2020.
- Recruit a PC for each and every precinct by June 2020.
- Locate qualified candidates in LD20 for every legislative position on the 2020 ballot and assist with locating candidates for school board, county, state, and federal.
- Increase monthly attendance to 75 attendees – especially those under 35 by 2020.
- Ensure our digital content/presence is current, accurate, consistent, and accessible.
- Increase our monthly recurring contributions – number and $.
- Increase PEVL participation in each precinct through canvassing.
- Provide community outreach opportunities to strengthen our LD.
3rd Tuesday of each month at 7:00 PM
Washington Elementary School District Office, Navajo Room
4650 W. Sweetwater Ave., Glendale, AZ 85304