Ready to Run?
The future of Arizona has never been brighter, now is the time to run for office! You can help get our state back on track!
- LD-20 has been identified as one of the most flippable districts in the state.
- Arizona's State Legislature is the most competitive it's been since 1966.
- In 2018, we nearly doubled Democratic turnout from the 2014 midterm elections (from 16,613 Democratic Senate votes in 2014 to 32,352 Democratic Senate votes in 2018).
- This district has registered >3,000 more Democrats than the Republicans have:
- Democrats: Nov 2014: 30,071 / April 2019: 37,045
- Republicans: Nov 2014: 40,865 / April 2019: 44,187
Candidate Policy 2020
We are thankful for all the wonderful Democratic candidates who are committed to running in the 2020 election cycle. Since we know this cycle will invigorate more people to run than is typical, we have adopted a policy in LD-20 to ensure we provide equitable time to all candidates without adversely impacting our monthly meeting schedule. The facility in which we meet requires us to vacate the building no later than 9 p.m. so our meeting time is limited to 90 minutes. We thus normally adjourn about 8:30 p.m. to allow time for everyone to gather their things, sign petitions, etc.
Beginning with the May 2019 monthly meeting, our agenda will contain a line item towards the end of our meeting titled: “60-second Candidate Introductions,” where candidates can introduce themselves and the position they are running for not to exceed one minute. Upon entry to our meeting space, candidates are asked to place their name on our “Candidate Sign-Up Sheet” which will be used to moderate the speaking order; up to ten candidates may speak during this time at our meeting. Candidates can bring their nominating petitions, but may collect signatures only before the start of our meeting and/or at the conclusion of our meeting; signatures can not be gathered during our meeting.
There are two caveats to this policy:
- This special line item does not apply to our LD-20 legislative candidates.
- Should a candidate wish to informally chat with our LD-20 meeting attendees before our meeting, they may do between 6:30 and 7:00 p.m.
The LD-20 Chair reserves the right to make additional limitations should the need arise.
We will be happy to forward campaign information in accordance with our “Policy for Disseminating information Electronically”, adopted by our LD on March 19, 2019.
Thanks for running.